Hi how are you? Lately I've been experiencing brown like discharge

Patient

Q: Hi how are you? Lately I've been experiencing brown like discharge and weight gain within a couple of days but also haven't passed anything really, I've also been eating a lot as in family functions etc... I feel like throwing up and I really hope I'm not pregnant!! I want to know if it could possibly be anything else at all!! Please help me!!

Doctor

A:   Hi,

If you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation, there is a possibility of pregnancy.
Other possible causes are gonadal or thyroid hormonal imbalance leading to intermenstrual spotting, which can present as brown colour discharge, local causes like cervical erosion, polyp etc.
Weight changes can lead to gonadal hormonal imbalance sometimes.
If you missed your expected date of periods and if you are having doubt regarding pregnancy, please go for urine pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.

Take care