Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, I am 14 and not sexually active

Hi, I am 14 and not sexually active

Patient: Hi, I am 14 and not sexually active. I have noticed some small whitish bumps on my vagina. I don’t know if every girl have some, but I am still worried. I have learned stuff in health, but I still am unsure… Like about STD’s and stuff Can you help?

Symptoms: Bumps

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.The possibility of sexually transmitted infections are less in virgin girls.Sometimes rugosity over vagina or accumulated physiological white discharge can be mistaken for bumps.If you are not having associated erythema, pain, foul-smelling white discharge etc, those bumps may not be pathological.If you develop any of these symptoms, better to consult your doctor and get evaluated.Take care.