October 19, 2018

Hi I am 16 year old I have been experiencing headaches, nausea and fast heart beat

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I am 16 year old I have been experiencing headaches, nausea and fast heart beat

Patient: Hi I am 16 year old. I have been experiencing headaches, nausea, and fast heart beat. Often going up the stairs at school I have to take a break after going up because I feels super tired and my heart starts to beat really fast. I have also tried exercising but it’s almost impossible for me because in the first few minutes that I start I get really tired, dizzy, nauseous, and my heart starts beating extremely fast.I am 130 pounds and 5’4 in height. Sometimes when I stand up or bend down my head starts pounding but it usually goes away but at times it doesn’t and when that happens I get naseous and my stomach starts to feel uncomfortable and I feel extremely hot. When that happens I usually have to take a really cold shower and just sit there for a while. This usually happens more during the summer but the other things like my heart beating fast and getting tired really easily happens all the time. Sometimes just when I’m talking I have to take a break because it just physically exhausts me. Everyday I go to school at around 7:00 and don’t eat breakfast or anything for that matter until I get home around 3:00 or 12:00 on certain days. All I have during school is a granola bar because I dont have time to eat breakfast. This has been going on for almost 2 years now. Could that be the problem? Or is it that maybe I’m just out of shape?

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.You seem to be suffering from Anxiety.You should se e a doctor, who would evaluate you for the causes like Heart issues, thyroid disorders, anemia that can also cause palpitations and tiredness.If your reports come out to be normal, then you would require to do meditation and relaxation exercises.Eat a healthy diet. Include fruits and green leafy vegetables in the diet.Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption in case you do.Share my opinion with your Doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No