Hi I am 18 weeks pregnant and am currently going fr a phlebotomy

Patient: Hi I am 18 weeks pregnant and am currently going to school for Phlebotomy. About a week ago in class when a classmate was getting some blood from me I started bleeding like I was on a blood thinner. Every time since it has done the same thing and in different places. I asked a nurse about it and she said I could be anemic, I had my iron level check and they said it was 12. I now have lost my complexion and feel like my heart will not slow down should I be concerned since I am Rh negative?

Doctor: Hello,thanks for the query.If you have been detected with iron levels of 1 then you are definitely suffering from iron deficiency anaemia. You need to replenish your stores with taking iron supplements for atleast 3 months. Anaemia can make you feel lethargic, weak, tired, cause palpitations and breathlessness. Hence, it is important that you replenish your stores and eat a healthy diet so allay your symptoms. Rh negativity will not pose any problems. It a concern only when you are contemplating pregnancy with a Rh-positive partner.Hope this helps.Regards