Hi I am 19 week pregnant and through ultrasound the cervical

Patient : Hi I am 19 week pregnant and through ultrasound the cervical length was found to be 3.6 cm but doctor checked it through finger and it was seen to be 2cm.Should i go for cervical surgery and doea this assure, the baby would not be premature.
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. By clinical examination cervical length up to internal os m ay not be measured. Cervical length measurement by transvaginal ultrasound gives a better calculation of length. If cervical length measured by TVS is more than 3cms with internal os closed, you may not need a cervical stitch. If the length is less than 3cms with internal os open, better to go for cervical stitch with your doctor's advice. Take care.