Hi I am 19 years old and currently 30 weeks

Patient

Q: Hi I am 19 years old and currently 30 weeks pregnant as of the 17/05. My next antenatal appointment is not until next week and I have just thought of a question I need answered to put my mind at ease
At the beginning of last year I went to the doctor and described what she said was a vaginal infection. My symptoms were heavier discharge that was kind of clumpy, different odour, pain during sex where it hurt so much I couldn't even engage in sex, and extreme itchiness. I was advised to go to the pharmacy and get over-the-counter medication which was in the form of a cream that was inserted vaginally for a period of 5 days (I think... maybe it was 3 days). From memory I think it may have been called metronidazole but not 100% sure if this is the one...
This infection cleared up then around 2 months later I got another infection (I did have a boyfriend at the time so only had the 1 partner). My symptoms were all the same so without seeing a doctor this time I went and got the same cream I had last time and again it cleared up.
After these infections occurred it was time for my first pap smear taken in June last year and the results of my pap test showed that the bacteria strep B was evident and the doctor said this could indicate a vaginal infection that can be treated with antibiotics, but I had no other symptoms or concerns that I had an infection at this time so I was not given antibiotics.
In the past few weeks since being pregnant there have been days where it feels like I have this infection again but it goes away itself and only generally lasts a day or 2. Symptoms are itchiness and more discharge with a kind of musky smell that is a bit clumpy (not sure if this is just due to pregnancy). I'm unsure what to do as I don't want my baby to be harmed but should I seek advice for treatment or is this just one of the many normal things that happen during pregnancy?!

Doctor