Hi I am 25 years old and I have a urine

Patient: HiI am 25 years old and I have a urine infection since Sunday. It hurts a lot when I urinate and there’s now a lot of blood while I urinate. What could it be? What can I take to make this go away? It’s extremely painful and uncomfortablePlease help

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.You need to first confirm th e diagnosis with a urine routine and once the diagnosis is confirmed you can request your general physician to write you a prescription for an antibiotic like Norfloxacin or Cotrimoxazole 500 mg to be taken twice daily for 7-10 days. You can also take cranberry juice or cranberry pills to reduce the burning and pain till then.Hope this was helpful,Regards.