Hi I am 26 I had a 6 weeks medical

Patient

Q: Hi. I am 26. I had a 6 weeks medical abortion after 6 months of my marriage. Now after 2 years I am again looking to get pregnant From last three months we are trying but no results. Please tell me can I get pregnant or is there any complications in me due to my past abortion. Please help me.

Doctor

If the abortion was done under a licensed doctor's supervision and you had regular cycles after that, there is nothing to worry about the fact that the abortion can cause an infertility now.
However, since it has been 2 years after the abortion and you are eager on conception, kindly see a gynecologist and get an examination done. Anemia, thyroid disorders, hormonal imbalances, polycystic ovaries, uterine causes, etc to be ruled out. You must also undergo an ultrasound and a pap smear if needed. Your husband may also have to be evaluated and a semen analysis to be done. If all reports are normal, you can continue trying for a normal spontaneous conception. However, you must take folic acid 3 months prior to planning conception and continue it until 12 weeks f pregnancy.
Wish you a speedy conception.

Hope this helped.