Hi I am 28 weeks pregnant been feeling presure down

Patient

Q: Hi I am 28 weeks pregnant been feeling presure down low and the doctor said the baby head is pretty low down there and I'm only measure at 26 weeks when I stand its hard to get up feel bad back pain lower stomach pain could I be going into labor soon

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Usually, descent of head occurs after around 36 weeks of pregnancy.
As your baby head descended and you are having backache and lower abdominal pain, the possibility of preterm labor should be suspected.
By clinical examination to observe cervical changes and by investigations like fetal fibronectin levels estimation in cervico-vaginal secretions and detection of an early estriol surge in salivary estriol levels etc can help in predicting the impending onset of preterm labor.

Take care.