Hi I am 31 weeks pregnant and I have thread worm.

Patient : Hi I am 31 weeks pregnant and I have thread worm I have bought conbantrim chock tabs I heard its safe to take on, can I?
Doctor :   Hi, Thank you for writing to ATD. Mebendazole is an FDA category C drug which means that animal studies have revealed evidence of fetotoxicity and teratogenicity. But there are no controlled data trials in human pregnancy. Hence it cannot be safely stated that mebendazole is absolutely safe in pregnancy. However, mebendazole has been used during pregnancy for years by obsteticians without evidence of fetal harm.Treatment with mebendazole in pregnancy is, therefore, permissible if benefits of the same outweigh the risks. It is however recommended that if you believe that you suffer from threadworm infestation, then you consult your obstetrician or midwife to prescribe you an appropriate treatment for the same rather than self- medicating. Hope this helps. All the best.