Hi i am 5 days late for my period for

Patient : Hi i am 5 days late for my period for the last 2 days when i wiped my self i had on n off brown marks on the toilet paper and just then when i wiped my self i had some blood but when i wiped my self again there was nothing what is going on
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes. Usually, menstrual cycle with the length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal only. So, better to wait for few more days. Sometimes premenstrual spotting can be seen due to hormonal imbalance which can soon turn into a regular menstrual flow. If you are having doubt regarding pregnancy, please go for urine pregnancy test once to find out the possibility. Take care