Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I am 6th month. I have high sugar levels.

Hi I am 6th month. I have high sugar levels.

Patient: Hi, I am 6th month pregnent. I have high sugar plus thyroid blockage due to which my bàby even doesn’t grow and move in my womb.My gyny. Suggested me to get operated so that i can have my child. But i lost my husband a month back and nw its touch for me to being a single mother as there is no one in my famiky to support me. I asked my doctor to abort this chid but she denied the same as i have a risk over to it. I just want to know is there any way ay medicine to eat so that i can abort this child. Please help as i dont want this child nw due to family issues

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Abortion in a diabetic woman with 6 months of pregnancy is very risky and has to be do ne only with opinion of 2 medical practitioners or Gynecologists who are authorized to perform an abortion. It cannot be done on the grounds you are giving as a reason. Even if it is possible, you need to do it only under doctor supervision else it will lead to life threatening complications. Suggest you to continue the pregnancy and take treatment for growth of the baby rather than abortion. Kindly see a Doctor who can help you accordingly. Even government hospitals help needed woman to have a safe delivery.Hope this helped.Regards