Hi, I am a 14 year old girl and for

Patient

Q: Hi, I am a 14 year old girl and for about the past year or two now if i walk a lot my right ankle will hurt. When im walking the pain is consistent and i very dull when I rest my ankle it usually goes away the next day. Its only my right ankle and I can go maybe about 1/2 to 1 mile before the pain starts. There is never and swelling, just pain. Its enough pain to make me limp a bit but its not that bad so i can suck it up when im around others. I have an ok pain tolerance, about 6 or 7 with 1 being I cant handle pain at all. dont know what this is and dont want to mention it if its normal. It is not my shoes because i have walked in cheap flip flops and gotten the pain and I've in cozy memory foam sneakers and still got pain. Also im very healthy and hav enever had any injuries to my ankle or leg. Thank you so much, Jenna

Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to be suffering from Acute Muscular pain. You should get a X-ray of ankle joint to rule out any fracture over there.
For acute muscular pain I advise following:
1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.
Your pain would start getting better in 5 days.
Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy