Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, I am a 19 year old guy who has problems in sex life

Hi, I am a 19 year old guy who has problems in sex life

Patient: Hi, I am a 19 year old guy who has been experiencing some personal problems in my sex life. Whenever I was getting ready to have sex with my girlfriend I would experience some trouble getting an erection. During the foreplay, I would be hard and ready to go, but after a couple of minutes of foreplay and right when I’m about to get started, I go soft and it’s almost impossible to get it back up. I have experienced this more than once and I’m really nervous that this might contine in the future if I don’t take care of this. Do I have ED? What can I do to fix this? Please help

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It looks like you are not having any significant problem, these problems of erection is sues are quite common in young first timers who attempt sex. Lack of knowledge, wrong positions, lack of emotional bonding with the sexual partner, anxiety, excessive masturbation, eagerness to perform well on bed, smoking, alcohol, stress, lack of adequate sleep could all be the possibilities for the problem that you have.Establish a healthy relationship with your partner and an emotional bonding and share your problems with her, and ask her to help you hold on the erection longer with moral support and motivation.There could be multiple attempts and lot of trial and errors for which she needs to co- operate. Avoid smoking, alcohol and reduce stress. Have a healthy diet and drink plenty of water. You may use condoms, specially designed to maintain an erection and pull on the performance time. Also have the sexual intercourse in a place suitable for you and ake sure you have no anxiety when you have sex. In case, all the above fail to help, see a doctor for an examination and further advice.Hope this helped.Regards