Hi i am a 30 year old female experiencing recurrent

Patient : Hi i am a 30 year old female experiencing recurrent cold sores around my mouth this is happening every week. Ive tried taking lysine and acyclovir but neither have made much difference please can you help? Are there any other tablets i can take?
Symptoms:  Recurrent Cold sores
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here for your help. As per details, it seems that you are suffering from a c ondition called Herpes labialis. It is viral infection of skin characterized by grouped fluid filled lesions on erythematous base associated with burning sensation or pain. It has very high chances of relapse and recurrence. But if antivirals like Acyclovir / Valacyclovir are started within 24-48 hours of onset of lesions, the chances of recurrence decrease. Despite this, if you get very recurrent rash, you may start suppression therapy of acyclovir. You can discuss this with your doctor. I hope it helps. Stay healthy.