Hi, I am a 30 year old male, Basically my

Patient : Hi, I am a 30 year old male, Basically my problem is that when I urinate the tip of my penis burns intensely. I went to see my gp and he thinks it's herpes and gave me aciclovir to take 5 times a day for 5 days. The course has now finished and the pain is just the same. I have two lumps in my groin area and a red rash along both sides of my groin and under my bump cheeks Today I have noticed my urethra is sticky and I have to pull it apart to urinate. I have not been diagnosed with herpes I was wondering do you think it could be something else?
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your queue at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. The bumps and the rash is typical of herpes, but the urethra getting sticky could be indicative of a bacterial infection too like chlamydia or gonorrhoea. Along with the anti viral medicine, you would also need to start an antibiotic course like Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for a week, and the symptoms should settle down.. Besides that a whole STI panel would be helpful to diagnose the exact condition. Regards.

Patient: Thankyou for your speedy response.
I am struggling to understand how I have come into contract the herpes virus.
I do not sleep around and I had one girlfriend for five years and we were both Virgins at the time and my now wife who was also a Virgin when I married her. I was tested for stds once I had finished with my ex and the tests had come back negative at that time.
This only started last week I was training heavily for a half marathon which I have now completed.
Do you think that would have anything to do with the symptoms that are showing?
Doctor: Okay have you been tested recently for herpes? Without confirming through blood test, we can't give a diagnosis of herpes.. Even UTI can cause discharge from the urethra.
Patient: I have been given a test for herpes but the doctor said it will take two weeks for the results in the mean time I have to take the aciclovir tablets five times a day which have now finished
He test for a urine infection and that came back as clear.
Should I go back to the gp to discuss the issue or should I wait for the results to come back first?
This is the first time this has happened to me.
Doctor: No, let us wait for the herpes results. Because from your history there is no indication of herpes.
So, let us wait for the results and review.