Hi I am a 53 yr old female sudden onset

Patient

Q: Hi I am a 53 yr old female sudden onset low center back pain with pain down front of left thigh that started 7 weeks ago. It is a constant pain and seems worse at night. I have never had back pain before this.

Doctor

A:   Hi.

Read and understood the past history of Chiari decompression in 2007.
You are 53/Female and had sudden onset of low center back pain with pain down front of left thigh for the last 7 weeks.
This is indicative of some spinal problem.
I would advise you to get in consultation of a Neurosurgeon, get MRI of the brain and the whole spine as there is a history of Chiari Malformation surgery in the past.
Once the diagnosis is made, treatment can be planned according to the findings.
Fibromyalgia may just add on to the problems.

Hope this helps you.

Patient: Thank you for responding. Do you suggest going to the ER?