Hi I am a fit 30 years old male , back in Friday i had cold and flu.

Q: Hi I am a fit 30 years old male , back in February I had what I thought was the standard cold or flu , this then passed but I have been left with a dry cough for 2 months and shortness of breathe when breathing , only last 2 weeks I have had horrendously sore throat that took 2 weeks to clear . My cough is not productive and is completely dry , at my first doctors appointment a month ago they suggested mild asthma as there is a family history and gave me ventolin inhaler and a peak flow meter although things haven't improved at all , on my second appointment they sent me for a chest X-ray which returned normal and no action required . On that appointment they have now given me a weeks course of steroids prednisone 8 a day for a week , although I am seeing no improvement at all and I have been on them 5 days . What has also been going on is like hot flushes moving around my body 24 hours a day and this has only started in the last 2 weeks , I am basically very worried of something seriously wrong like lymphoma is this possible ?

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.
You seem to be suffering from bronchitis and it takes time to settle in case it is Allergic in nature. Your cough is not improving as the allergen might be there like dust, perfume, deodorant.
I would also recommend in such case for you to take a combination of Levocetrizine and Montelukast.
You may also take cough suppressant pills like Benzonanate (Benz) pearls.
I also add up a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone as a lot many times as acid reflux might cause dry cough.
Do this for 3 weeks and revert back to us.
I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
Stay Healthy.

Patient: Thankyou for your answer I will th those things almost immediately , I really do worry about lymphoma with the hot flushes constant and shortness of breathe and cough , I have just never had a cough this long or felt like I'm burning up for so long . Thankyou
Doctor: You are probably having hot flushes because of prednisolone.
I would recommend you the same.
Patient: Hi Thankyou , last thing I want to ask , I know shortness of breathe in lymphoma can be cause by swelling of the thymus , would this be picked up on a chest X-ray ? . I have just never had an T allergic reactions as such before and 2 months has been really long for me to have a constant cough struggling to breathe in and out and generally feeling like I have the cold all the time , along with these body chills n flashes . Thankyou
Doctor: No, it won't be picked up on Chest X-ray, You need a CECT Chest for that.
Get it done, if there is any cause other then allergic bronchitis, it would show up on CT scan.
Good Luck.