Hi I am a fit 30 years old male , back in Friday i had cold and flu.

Patient : Hi I am a fit 30 years old male , back in February I had what I thought was the standard cold or flu , this then passed but I have been left with a dry cough for 2 months and shortness of breathe when breathing , only last 2 weeks I have had horrendously sore throat that took 2 weeks to clear . My cough is not productive and is completely dry , at my first doctors appointment a month ago they suggested mild asthma as there is a family history and gave me ventolin inhaler and a peak flow meter although things haven't improved at all , on my second appointment they sent me for a chest X-ray which returned normal and no action required . On that appointment they have now given me a weeks course of steroids prednisone 8 a day for a week , although I am seeing no improvement at all and I have been on them 5 days . What has also been going on is like hot flushes moving around my body 24 hours a day and this has only started in the last 2 weeks , I am basically very worried of something seriously wrong like lymphoma is this possible ?
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you. You seem to be suffering from bronchitis and it takes time t o settle in case it is Allergic in nature. Your cough is not improving as the allergen might be there like dust, perfume, deodorant. I would also recommend in such case for you to take a combination of Levocetrizine and Montelukast. You may also take cough suppressant pills like Benzonanate (Benz) pearls. I also add up a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone as a lot many times as acid reflux might cause dry cough. Do this for 3 weeks and revert back to us. I hope it helps you. If you have any further query, please ask me. Stay Healthy.

Patient: Thankyou for your answer I will th those things almost immediately , I really do worry about lymphoma with the hot flushes constant and shortness of breathe and cough , I have just never had a cough this long or felt like I'm burning up for so long . Thankyou
Doctor: You are probably having hot flushes because of prednisolone.
I would recommend you the same.
Patient: Hi Thankyou , last thing I want to ask , I know shortness of breathe in lymphoma can be cause by swelling of the thymus , would this be picked up on a chest X-ray ? . I have just never had an T allergic reactions as such before and 2 months has been really long for me to have a constant cough struggling to breathe in and out and generally feeling like I have the cold all the time , along with these body chills n flashes . Thankyou
Doctor: No, it won't be picked up on Chest X-ray, You need a CECT Chest for that.
Get it done, if there is any cause other then allergic bronchitis, it would show up on CT scan.
Good Luck.