Hi, I am a male looking for guidance in relation

Patient

Q: Hi, I am a male looking for guidance in relation to a possible HIV infection. I had unprotected penetrative vaginal sex about 5 years ago and 2 years ago I "fingered" a girl on a night out (again unprotected).

Flash forward to recent times and last Thursday (14th) - and I am aware of the ridiculousness of this situation - I did some crossdressing and roleplay at home on my own. As part of this, while seated in someone else's car (I was borrowing the car) I ejaculated onto the seat and also urinated on it. Afterwards I cleaned the seat with hot water and washing-up liquid. The following day I left the car door open to dry in the sun. On Saturday, the owner (female) of the car collected it but I noticed it was still slightly moist. The following Thursday (14th), this girl was admitted to hospital and is very ill with meningitis-like symptoms and the possibility of a HIV infection has been mentioned. Is it possible that a) I have HIV and b) could have transmitted it in this manner?

I should mention also that my girlfriend seems (as far as I can tell) to have a number of ongoing health issues that would resemble HIV: short term memory loss, vision problems, rashes, tingling in limbs, regular cold/flu symptoms, abdominal cramping, protein in urine and kidney problems, etc. She has only ever had sex with me.

Thank you very much.

Doctor

A:   Thanks for your question. I have not heard any HIV transmission through this unusual way, you mentioned and anyway this way (through car) HIV can never be transmitted.

The symptoms you mentioned: Short term memory loss, vision problems, rashes, tingling in limbs, regular cold/flu symptoms, abdominal cramping, protein in urine and kidney problem are chronic symptoms in HIV patients and to be followed by 'meningitis point to seriousness of the patient.

Possibly she may had exposed to infection without your knowledge, otherwise some symptoms would have appeared in you. I understand to ally anxiety and buy peace of mind you need to go for HIV tests as per the protocol of the country of your residence.

Hope this helps.