Hi I am about 5 weeks pregnant and I had

Patient : Hi. I am about 5 weeks pregnant and I had my blood tested two days ago. My progesterone was 14. Today it was tested again and it rose to 16. Is that a good number? I'm reading at this point it should be at least a 20. My hcg is 5400 and is doubling every 48 hours
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query for ATD for an opinion, As you are pregnant for 5 weeks, the levels of HCG are fine and as they are doubling in 48 hrs, its a good healthy sign indicating that the pregnancy is viable and growing. Progesterone levels shall also rise by 7 weeks and shall support the pregnancy. If the levels are less than 21 then there may be a requirement to be placed on micronized progesterone tablets daily till 14 weeks as placental support, but if there has been no spotting or any indication of threatened abortion, it would actually not be necessary. It is hence suggested that you get an ultrasound for dating scan at 7-8 weeks of pregnancy and get the levels of progesterone reviewed. At present, there is no actual need of any intervention. You may take folic acid 5mg tabs daily and can take prenatal vitamins regularly. Keep yourself stress-free and take a healthy diet with adequate hydration. I hope i have answered your query in detail, Wishing you a safe pregnancy, Regards