Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, i am coming to the end of my period

Hi, i am coming to the end of my period

Patient: Hi, i am coming to the end of my period but a few days ago, as i was taking my tampon out it started to really really hurt and i struggled to get it out because it was that painful. After i went for a wee it came out better but since then, its been really uncomfortable and very painful when i go for a wee and stings a lot. Is this a vaginal tear? how long will it take to heal? Thankyou

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.According to your description, there is a possibility of va ginal abrasions due to repeated usage of tampons, vaginal infection etc.Better to shift to sanitary pads instead of tampons till the cessation of menstrual flow.Minor abrasions etc may take around three to five days to heal.If symptoms persist or increase by day to day, there is a possibility of infection.In that case, please do consult your doctor and get evaluated.Take care.