Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, I am concerned about my weight.

Hi, I am concerned about my weight.

Patient: Hi, I am concerned about my weight. I am a 21 year old male and I weigh about 136lbs. I eat plenty and have been forcing myself to eat more but I feel it’s just helping me to stay at 136. Its become something I am very stressed over and don’t know how to gain weight.

Doctor: Hello,Welcome to Ask The Doctor. Thank you for your query.You should have a balanced diet. A balanced diet is o ne that has a good amount of Carbohydrates, Proteins and Fats. These should be in the ratio of 60:40:10. Ensure that every meal that you eat has this composition. This will allow for good weight gain.Also plan to have good fiber in your diet and eat unprocessed food like grains and vegetables instead of pasta as often as you can.Hope this helps, Wish you a good health.