Hi, I am currently 22 years old and sexually active.

Patient : Hi, I am currently 22 years old and sexually active. I recently had my implanon removed after three years about a month and a half two months ago. While on implanon i had normal regular periods. I have since i was thirteen. Its been 2 months since ive have a period and i was wondering if it was from the implanon. I was told once its removed it immediately stops working im confused. I took a preg test this morning and its neg. Plz help!!!
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. After stopping the hormonal contraceptive measures like Imp lanon, it may take some time for regularization of hormone levels and that can lead to menstrual irregularities. So, the amenorrhea you are having could be due to that. As the urine pregnancy test gave negative result, the possibility of pregnancy is less. Now you can consult your doctor, get examined and take tablets for withdrawal bleeding. Take care.