Hi, I am currently 7 months pregnant and was near a

Patient : Hi, I am currently 7 months pregnant and was near a child who was vaccinated for chest infections. However, I am concerned that this will harm my child. Can you tell me if any harm will be done to my baby if the vaccine was a "live vaccine" or not? Thanks and regards,
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion, No, you can rest assured that this exposure will not cause any ha rm to your foetus at all. As the child was not ailing but was vaccinated against chest infections, so he would be producing prodromal symptoms but would not be shedding viruses or bacteria for you to get infected. Anyhow if it were so , then you are the one who would get infected first and not your foetus at all. But the exposure to a vaccinated child with no symptoms render you safe from any infection. I hope i have answered your query in detail, Wishing you safe pregnancy , Regards