Hi, I am currently travelling in south america and 8 days

Patient

Q: Hi,

I am currently travelling in south america and 8 days ago had a one time sexual encounter with a female. 2 days ago i noticed some symptoms that are associated with gonorrea (itchy sensation in urethra, occasional pain in testicles and small amount of discharge 6 days after exposure). I visited a doctor in argentina, it was very difficult to locate one that speaks English. After telling him the symptoms he prescribed and administered an injection of ceftriaxone (label on the box said:
"Ceftriaxona riche 25%
1 g IM f a a solv
1,0000 x 41,8300")
I asked what about possible chlamydia infection and they said it is not necessary to take anything for it. However, after readinf I am concerned of the possibility for this infection as well. And I see listed on the cdc website that it is advised for patients to take a single dose of 1 gram of Azithromycin for chlamydia. Is this something that I should obtain and take as soon as possible to prevent chlamydia infection? I do not want to cause harm to myself by taking the wrong thing but I need advice from an English speaker as soon as possible regarding this.

Symptoms:  Urethral itching/ pain, some discharge from urethra
Doctor