Patient :Hi. I am desperately in need of help. Myself and my 3 children (11.5 yr old male, 11year old male, and 2.5 year old female) have had a horrific stomach virus on and off since Jan 10 2015. It starts with gladular pain in neck, malaise, and intense hunger for 1-2 days. Day 3 ununcontrollable diarrhea and or vomiting sometimes together sometimes not. This typically lasts at least 12 hours. After it slows down there is intense intestinal pain. So bad that I have rushed myself and children to the ER on different occasions thinking our appendix burst. There is horrible intestinal churning and loud rumbling noises. My children often think they are hungry during this point and eat. Bad idea. Anything you injest with go through you completely undigested. The next 1-2 days after this you continue the diarrhea but generally feel better. I usually do not eat for at least 2 days. Smells make me so nauseated. The fecal matter has a very distinct smell to it and weird creamy greenish brown color. There also appears to be what looks like tiny brown flax seeds in it. You never quite get over it but usually are ok for 1-2 days. Then is starts all over. I have been vomiting all day Fridays for the last month. My daughter every Sunday night, my son every Monday, and my other son usually begins on Wed. My husband has not been sick once! We eat a paleo diet and mostly clean and organic. We filter our water through a water pitcher. I have bleached and bleached everything in the whole house. Wash anything and everything in hot water in dishwasher and washing machine. The children have all been to the doctor for dehydration and weightloss. The pediatrician says we have the norovirus and it will go away eventually. We are taking vitamins and probiotics when we can. The latest bout that started last Friday for me caused me to have pink/red diarrhea. My son has actually gotten bruising from his intestines from the inside out! The pediatrician said that his intestines are inflamed. Please please what is going on? I can't live like this anymore. What can I do to get rid of it? I am at my wits end, exhausted, and becoming malnourished.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.