Hi i am female 14 years old i just got periods

Patient

Q: Hi i am female 14 years old i just got off my period a week ago and now im having migrane headaches and sinus draning problems and when I longboard I get really bad stomach cramps. My moms cheap and will not buy me name brand medicine for the migranes and sinuses. how much ibprofen can i take for the migrane and what can i do at night to fal asleep with the migrane?

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.

Ibuprofen is not the solution to treat migraine. Ibuprofen should not be taken regularly as it can harm you a lot. You would require to see your doctor, who will evaluate that the headache you are having is because of Migraine or Sinusitis. I would advice in such scenario to take only Tablet Paracetamol only for headache and pain. You should also do steam inhalation to get relief from Sinus headache.
So, Paracetamol will help you in reducing the pain of Migraine but will not help to prevent the future episodes. For that purpose, we advise drugs like Flunarizine, Propanolol.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy