Patient :Hi, i am having a hard time breathing both inhale and exhale with no other symptons. Not sure if its my lungs or throat.(Im allergic to everything under the sun also!) I tried albuterol helped some but not for long my Dr checked me out thursday said everything sounds clear felt no need for xrays so he put me on Breo for 3 weeks but after 3 days still no progress. I do suffer from mild anxiety. I smoke roughly 10-15 a day, Im 28 year ole male, had asthma as a child.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
First of all, since you are allergic to so many things, had asthma in childhood, smoking should be strictly no,no. I hope you understand what I mean by.
Also noted the history of mild anxiety, trying albuterol and breo as advised by your Doctor has not helped you for the last 3 days.
Doctor has also checked you and say everything sounds clear hence X-ray of the chest not ordered.
Hence the probable causes can be either of many factors like:
- Congestion of the respiratory mucosa, hence both inhalation and exhalation are showing problem at the same time.
- Asthma usually causes difficulty in inhaling the air.
- Anxiety, this is subjective and you may be feeling just a mild form, but can create more problems.
I would suggest in such a situation the following:
- Oral Bronchodilator medication
-Stop smoking altogether.
- Examination by an ENT Surgeon for clinical revaluation, examination particularly of Throat and investigate if required.
Steam inhalations and deep breathing exercises help a lot in some case s.
- Trial with oral steroids is also important as it acts the best anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory medicines.
I hope this answer helps you get the diagnosis and proper treatment .
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.