Ask The Doctor > Pending > Hi, I am Kayla, I am 22 and for the

Hi, I am Kayla, I am 22 and for the

Patient: Hi, I am Kayla, I am 22 and for the last couple of months I have been randomly gasping for air during the day. I do not have anxiety. This has happened at random times when I have been sitting, standing, walking, or even merely eating dinner with my family. Also, sometimes when breathing, I try to take a deep breath and it feels as though I am hitting a wall. This does not happen to me in my sleep. I sleep great throughout the night. I do not have any breathing problems, that I know of. If it means anything, I do have seasonal allergies and am allergic to other things such as pollen, dust, and cats. Please let me know what this could be. Thank you.

Doctor: