Hi, I am on levora birth control and have been

Patient : Hi, I am on levora birth control and have been for 3+ years now. Last month I missed my period as I am sexually active with my fiance. I took a home pregnancy test but it came back negative almost immediately. However, this week I was supposed to have my period and again it is late both months I have felt like I was on my period with cramps and moodyness and feeling of my period coming but it was just discharge what could be going on
Symptoms:  Pms symptoms with discharge no blood
Doctor :   Hello dear, Thanks for trusting us about your health care. I can understand your concerns. As you missed your per iod by the rules if you are sexually active and missed your period you should go for a home urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy, so you should go for it. But chances of pregnancy are less as you are taking pills regularly and it is 99% effective in preventing pregnancy. There are so many reasons for delayed menses other than pregnancy like stress, anxiety, weight changes, diet changes and pathological causes like hormonal imbalance, PCOS, infection and fibroid. Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more questions. Good luck. Regards