Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi! I am on the seasonings birth control pill and have been for a while.

Hi! I am on the seasonings birth control pill and have been for a while.

Patient: Hi! I am on the seasonings birth control pill and have been for awhile. I normally take it at around 8 am, but Saturday I took it around 3 and Sunday I took it around 1 and Monday I took it at the normal time. I didn’t use additional protection last night. Should I be concerned about being pregnant?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Though you miss the exact time of taking birth control pill, a s you took the pill within 24 hours that can maintain the hormonal levels andyou can expect the same protection towards pregnancy.You can continue the remaining pills as per the schedule.Though the possibility of pregnancy is less, if you do not get withdrawal bleeding during the pill-free period, better go for urine pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.Take care.