Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, I am planning to take garcinia cambogia select for

Hi, I am planning to take garcinia cambogia select for

Patient: Hi, I am planning to take garcinia cambogia select for weight loss cause I’m 190 lbs ,is it a safe drug , does if have any steroids, please suggest me.Thank youRubina

Doctor: Hello,Welcome to ATD. Thank you for your question.We do not recommend that you take this supplement. Garcinia cam bogia is a popular natural supplement that is believed to assist in weight loss. The efficacy of this product has not been conclusively proven and its safety may vary from brand to brand. A structured diet and exercise regime is perhaps the safest and most effective way of reducing your weight and achieving lasting results. Please consult your physician if you choose to go ahead and use this supplement. AskTheDoctor.com does not endorse any product that is not tested and/or approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) of the United States.Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com for your medical question.