Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I am sick ALL the time and was wondering vitamin supplements would be good to boost immune system.

Hi I am sick ALL the time and was wondering vitamin supplements would be good to boost immune system.

Patient: Hi. I am sick ALL the time and was wondering what vitamin supplements would be good for my immune system. Also, if I get Vitamin C and Vitamin D, can I take them at the same time every day and how should I take them?

Doctor: Hello,Welcome to Ask The Doctor. Thank you for your query.It is always better to get Vitamins from natural sourc es and not by taking artificial supplements. The vitamins that are more important for Immunity are:Vitamin A – Good sources are leafy vegetables and carrots.Vitamin C – Good sources are gooseberries, oranges and lemons.Vitamin E – Fish, eggs and milk are good sources.It will be good idea to take 3 to 4 servings of fruit daily and 1 whole egg daily. An egg has all the Vitamins except Vitamin C. So, it is a good idea to get all Vitamins from egg and get Vitamin C from oranges and lemons.