Hi , I am writing this for my dad he

Patient

Q: Hi ,

I am writing this for my dad he is 58 years old. His only medical history is that he is on blood pressure medication and this has helped to control his blood pressure for about 5 years. Apart from that personaly he does not have any medical history. His siter and niece both passed away from heart attacks and his family has a history of heart disease. For about 3 weeks he has been experiencing pain in his arm and shoulder. It has got so bad he can't drive at times and also can't sleep on that side. Yesterday he was having pain in his heart which he felt was sharp especially when he moved. He went to the doctor who advised him she does not believe this is caused by his heart but rather a pulled muscle around the heart. They have offered him a full check up of his heart but that is in 30 days and he has to wait 20 days after that to get the results. I would appreciate any advice you could give about the possible cause of this pain. Do you think this is urgent and I should act to have him seen sooner for example through a private clinic?

I am thankful for your time and appreciative of your expertise.

Kindest regards

Melissa A

Doctor