Hi I did a dipstick urine test yesterday and it had proteins in it

Patient

Q: Hi. I did a dipstick urine test yesterday and it showed to contain protiens. Is this a sign of infection or something more to worry about. not sure of the relevance but just completed a course of amoxicillin for a mouth ulcer

Doctor

It depends on how much is the protein lost. If it is one or traces nothing to worry. If it is more then it could mean proteinuria which needs an evaluation. Nothing major to be worried about. It does not mean infection. Just follow it up with an opinion by a Physician.

Hope this helped.