Hi I did not have intercourse with my partner.

Q: Hi. I did not have intercourse with my partner, although there was genital rubbing where he had his underwear on and I was naked. He ejaculated in his underwear. This was in the 3rd week of January. I got my regular menstrual period after that on the 31st of January, and it was normal. No sexual activity after that, this month. However, as of today(5th March), I am 6 days late. I've had symptoms like bloating and nausea. I know pregnancy is a next to impossible scenario, but should I take a HPT to confirm?

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Usually, one cannot get pregnant by semen moves through clothes like underwear. If you think that you are pregnant, you need to get a pregnancy test done.

If the test comes back negative, you do not need to worry. The periods are probably late because of stress. To be certain, you need to get an hCG and an Ultrasound done to confirm pregnancy.

I advise you to wait for your periods and later talk to a Doctor. All the best.