Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi i got my last period on april 11th but didn’t get

Hi i got my last period on april 11th but didn’t get

Patient: Hi my name is roshonda got my last period on april 11th but didn’t get my for may 9th in I’m two days late

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Delayed periods may be commonly caused by hormonal imbalance as in thyroid diseases or p olycystic ovarian syndrome. Menstrual cycle in women is an expression of intricate interplay of hormones in the body and disturbances in any level of the chemical interactions may cause temporal change in the occurrence of menstrual bleeding. Occasionally other factors like stress, may also cause changes in menstrual pattern. If this kind of irregularity persists through subsequent cycles, a visit to the doctor may be helpful for a discussion on the specific issues that you may be facing. Please be assured that a couple of days’ delay in periods is well within the normal physiological limits.Hoep this helps you.