Hi I got some bloodwork done that showed my hemoglobin at 11.7

Patient : Hi. I got some bloodwork done that showed my hemoglobin at 11.7 and my ferritin is 7. Could this be the reason why my heart rate is slightly elevated and why I feel fatigued all the time? Also have pretty bad brain fog. My doctor wants me to take 65 mg iron twice a day. How long before I start to see an improvement? Thanks for your time.
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Yes, your blood work is suggestive o f anemia, but it is not severe. The symptoms of constant fatigue and brain fog can be secondary to anemia. You can take the iron supplements and it should not take more than a month to attain a hemoglobin level of 13-14. You also need to ensure you follow a healthy diet with lots of green leafy vegetables and meat, along with fruits such as pomegranate. I will reassure you although your levels are slightly low, this can be easily corrected. Once the hemoglobin level is over 13 g/dL, the symptoms will also get better. Hope this was helpful, Regards