Hi, I had a baby almost two months ago via

Patient

Q: Hi, I had a baby almost two months ago via emergency c section. I had a cord prolapse do to too much amniotic fluid. My question is if I get pregnant again what are the chances that this will happen again?

Doctor

A:   Hi,
Thanks for query.

The possibility of recurrence of polyhydramnios in next pregnancy is low. It is estimated to be around 1 in 1700 pregnancies in general.
Sometimes it depends on causative factor for polyhydromnios. If gestational diabetes is the cause, the possibility of recurrence is a little bit high.
Sudden rupture of membranes can lead to cord prolapse, the occurrence of which cannot be predicted.

Take care.