Hi, I had a circumcision aged 29 nearly 3 weeks ago

Patient

Q: Hi,

I had a circumcision aged 29 nearly 3 weeks ago due to balanitis xerotica obliterans and phimosis. I have never been able to retract my foreskin. I spoke to the surgeon before who told me what they do (remove all foreskin) and then post op my bandage was checked by a student nurse and I was sent home without speaking to anyone.

I arrive home from surgery and took my first look at what was done and I still have a foreskin. Not only that but I still can't retract it fully. I initially put this down to the stitches and severe swelling I had but now 3 weeks down the line the stitches are mostly gone and the swelling is pretty much gone and I still can't fully expose the glans of my penis in either a flaccid or erect state.

Worse still is that before the operation, because of the excess skin my erections were full and comfortable but now my erections are partial due to restriction and tight/painful.

What's happened here? Have they reattached the foreskin too high or is it just a matter of waiting and eventually my glans will be able to be exposed.

I have relentlessly been googling circumcision and I have never seen anyone mention still having a foreskin, so much so that I look uncircumcised in flaccid state.

Doctor