Hi I had a full abdominal hysterectomy one week ago

Q: Hi I had a full abdominal hysterectomy one week ago and ever since my tongue and lips feel like they are burning and my mouth and tongue feel smooth which is strange. Please help it's not getting any better. The only meds I'm still taking are co-codamol and senna for constipation.

A:   Hi,

Cracking of the lips may be due to cheilitis which can lead to burning, smooth and sore tongue can be due to glossitis.
Both these conditions can occur due to vitamin deficiency, infection of mouth, iron deficiency etc.
By clinical examination, the exact cause and nature of the problem can be identified and treatment can be planned accordingly.
So, please do consult your doctor and get evaluated.

Take care.