September 24, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, I had a testicular torsion as a child

Hi, I had a testicular torsion as a child

Patient: Hi, I had a testicular torsion as a child. I don’t remember exactly the age but probably at age 4 or 5. As an adult and since my earliest sexual experiences I’ve struggled with ED. I also have a weird lower right abdominal ‘discomfort’ let’s say not pain from time to time. Not daily and not severe but it seems to connect that spot in my abdomen with my right testical. Could this be related to my torsion as a child?



Doctor: Hi. Thank you for writing to Ask The Doctor.It is very unlikely to be related to the testicular torsion you had in t he childhood. It is also unlikely to be the cause of ED. It seems that you have become sensitive to a lot of things. Better to relax and stop worrying about what happened in childhood.Talk to your Doctor about your ED. It is possible to reverse ED by getting treatment.All the best.




Dr. Jimmy Obaji M.D.

Dr. Jimmy Obaji completed his residency in Family Medicine at the University of Manitoba. He currently operates a walk-in-clinic in downtown Toronto.

Book Appointment