Ask The Doctor > Pending > Hi, i had common cold symptoms and tried to take

Hi, i had common cold symptoms and tried to take

Patient: Hi, i had common cold symptoms and tried to take panadol but after 6days, it wasnt getting anybetter so i saw a doc. Was given antibiotics (amox/clavulanate & clarinase) . He said it might be some bacterial infection of the upper respiratory.Finished the antibiotics but am not well still. Sore throat has cleared but im still having blocked nose. No fever. Mucus was initially clear and runny but now though clear, is much thicker, (yellow in the morning but i assume its normal). I cannot breathe properly in airconditioned environments, the congestion gets worse and somehow it just becomes harder to breathe so i take v shallow breaths or breathe through mouth.Please advise if this may be some lung infection? I had lung infection some years back, perhaps my smoking may have started it again?

Doctor: