Hi, i had Mirena IUD for 18 days now

Patient : Hi, i had Mirena IUD for 18 days now. When inserted i was on my 3rd day of my period. How many days after getting the IUD inserted can i b safe to have un-protected sex? I ask because i did today and im thinking of getting the morning after pill. Please help.
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. You need to use a backup like a condom for 30 days after Mirena insertion. After that, you can have unprotected intercourse and expect the contraception to deliver its effects and prevent a pregnancy.There is a need to take the morning after pill in your case, to prevent pregnancy. Hope this helped. Regards