Hi I had sex with my partner the other day

Patient : Hi. I had sex with my partner the other day and I felt this sharp pain in my vagina and it hurt so bad that we had to stop. We did the same stuff we always do. And the next day my vagina was swollen and purple. After a day of taking Advil the swelling and pain went away. Now I'm still sore but I was wondering what May have caused this to happen?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. According to your description there is possibility of tear on vaginal mucosa during intercourse leading to redness and swelling. Small abrasions will subside soon without the need of treatment. If pain persists, there is possibility of deeper tear or secondary infection. In that case, please do consult your doctor and get evaluated. By genital and speculum examination the possible cause of the problem can be identified and treated. Take care.