Ask The Doctor > Pending > Hi, I had unprotected sex in October and was then

Hi, I had unprotected sex in October and was then

Patient: Hi,I had unprotected sex in October and was then tested for STDs and came back clear. The only test that wasn’t ran was the HIV test as the doctor couldn’t find a vein and said not to worry as I was probably low risk anyway. Since then I’ve been careful to only have sex with a condom however I have had unprotected oral sex. Recently I’ve noticed small white lumps at the opening of my vagina and underneath my clitoris accompanied with a constant thrush infection (vaginal and oral). I have been to my GP who told me the lumps were not warts and were “non specific” and “little to see” and gave me thrush treatment. However after doing a little research I’ve found out that recurrent thrush is a sign of HIV and I did have a cold in late March the day after having unprotected oral sex with a new partner. I’m really worried that this is HIV and wanted to know if you thought it was also.

Symptoms: Recurrent thrush. Lumps on vagina

Doctor: