Hi I have a burn on the ceiling of my mouth

Q: Hi
I have a burn on the ceiling of my mouth that is recovered for most part but it is still red and irritated. I get oral to a female partner with unknown status but did not get her vaginal fluids in my mouth. Am I in risk of HIV?

Symptoms:  None
Hi  I have a burn on the ce...-1

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

The picture depicts that there is still redness and inflammation present and indicates that the oral mucous epithelium is still not completely healed which makes it susceptible to infection. As you have given oral to your female partner and as her STD /HIV status is unknown, it is likely that you may contract an STD if she would have been infected.

It is hence suggested that you should opt for a STD screening now and for HIV, the earliest screening test you can opt for is at 3 weeks with a HIV RNA PCR test Or NAAT TEST which can detect the viral DNA in the blood and can confirm or negate the possibility of an HIV. In your case if the lady has been infected with HIV, then the chances of you getting infected are high with active oral lesions in the mouth. Please visit your physician for evaluation and tests.

I hope I have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,

Patient: Hello,
I contacted my partner and she confirmed that she is completely clean and she is willing to confirm it by medical records from her doctor.
Do I still need to get tested?
Doctor: Hello,
If your partner is clean, then there is no real need to be worried and you can relax and rest assured that there would have been no transmission and you are safe.