Hi, I have a cold sore and it is in the scabbing stage.

Patient : Hi, I have a cold sore and it is in the scabbing stage. I only had a cold sore once before in my life which was about a year ago. This time while its in the scabbing stage 4 tiny new bumps have just appeared and I have been using over the counter medicine. Are the 4 tiny bumps going to turn into cold sores too?
Hi,  I have a cold sore and...-1
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor. I understand your concern. I have seen the attached pic also. As per details, it seems that you are suffering from a condition called Herpes labialis. It is a viral infection of the skin caused by Human herpesvirus. Herpes labialis is a highly recurring condition which is characterised by grouped fluid filled lesions limited to one side of face near lips usually. In such cases, I prefer to advise oral antivirals within 72 hours of eruption. You may apply topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area. Avoid touching the bumps. You can share my opinion with your doctor. I hope it helps. Take care.