Hi I have a couple questions I have just got

Patient

Q: Hi I have a couple questions. I have just got a new birth control the mirena last Friday and me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex.. He accidentally cummed in me thinking it was okay. I'm worried and don't know if I should be worried.

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood your concern.
The worry will depend upon many factors.
- If you are in a safe period of the cycle and has unprotected sex, the chances of pregnancy are very low.
-Mirena starts working after 7 days of insertion.
So calculate the days properly and consult your Gynecologist if you has sex within 7 days of the insertion of Mirena and you are in an unsafe period.

Hope this helps.

Patient: I had spoken to a RN and she had told me I would be fine because it was my 5th day I had unprotected sex I was only spotting. I'm confused because I am getting two different answers. What should I do ? The other doctor said I shall be fine because I had got it inserted last Friday on my second day of my period but I'm still worried.