Hi, i have a cut on the back of mt

Q: Hi, i have a cut on the back of mt scalp from a insect bite, now i realise my lymph node on that side Of my neck clostest to the wound is swollen,i have no pain, fever or ntn just the cut and swelling.

Hi, i have a cut on the bac...-1

A:   Thanks for consulting ATD.

It's a minor cut. Lymph nodes are part of body's protective mechanism. Whenever any infective organism enters into the body, it will be confined to that area by a trap laid by lymph nodes. As a part of this, lymph nodes of the affected area will enlarge and inflame. Clear the wound/cut with sterile saline and apply anti-bacterial ointment available OTC. Tetanus toxoid is required to prevent the possibility of the Tetanus. If the wound is enlarging in size, fever, etc., consult your physician.

Have a nice day.